Transfer Students

Transfer students must submit the following when applying for admission: (1) a completed application; (2) official transcripts of all college-level course work as well as secondary school records; (3) the Admission with Advanced Standing form; and (4) the $30 application fee.

To be considered for admission, transfer students must be in good standing with all previous or current colleges and have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.2 (on a 4.0 scale) in academically transferable courses as determined by the Office of the Registrar. Official transcripts of all course work are required. Credit will be granted only for academic courses similar to those offered at Roanoke and completed at a region- ally accredited college or university with a grade of ā€œCā€“ā€ or better. Foreign university credentials must be evaluated, course by course, through an approved foreign credentials evaluation service.

A minimum of 17 academic units (excluding credit earned for physical education) must be earned at Roanoke College toward the degree. Students with fewer than eight transferable academic units will be evaluated on the basis of their high school record in addition to their college work.

In general, students are to be governed by the Catalog which is current at the time they begin their studies at Roanoke College. However, a student has the option of declaring to be under the jurisdiction of a subsequent catalog except in cases where core requirements have been changed and the College has stipulated those eligible to declare the new curriculum. Should the faculty determine that a modification in course work for the major is necessary in order for students to complete a current course of study in a major, the department reserves the right to modify degree requirements for students who have not yet formally declared their major.

Students transferring from aVirginia community college may elect to declare any catalog in effect within the twenty-four month period immediately preceding the term they first enroll except in cases where core requirements have been changed and the College has stipulated who is eligible to declare the new curriculum